David holds a BA in Product Design Engineering (Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile) and an MA in Design Management (Lancaster University, UK). His working experience ranges from packaging development, innovation and technology transfer, product design to design management. David’s research interests rely on the intersections of design, innovation, entrepreneurship and social initiatives.
Currently, he is conducting an interdisciplinary research between management and design disciplines which aim is the exploration of how design management can support the process of social entrepreneurship. The purpose of this research is to facilitate the absorption of design management principles and practices by nascent social entrepreneurs.
- Perez, Hands, McKeever, Whitham (2019) Design within Social Entrepreneurship: A Framework to reveal the use of Design in interdisciplinary spaces, to be presented at the 13thEuropean Academy of Design Conference: Running with Scissors.
- Whitham, Perez, Mason, Ford (2019) Realising the value of open innovation in policy-making: Equipping entrepreneurs for valuation work, to be presented at the 13thEuropean Academy of Design Conference: Running with Scissors.
- Whitham, Cruickshank, Coupe, Wearing, Perez (2019) Health and Wellbeing: Challenging Co-Design for Difficult Conversations, Successes and Failures of the Leapfrog Approach, to be presented at the 13thEuropean Academy of Design Conference: Running with Scissors.
- Perez, Hands, McKeever (2017) Locating the potential contributions of design in social entrepreneurial initiatives, presented at the International Conference – Interdisciplinary Research Perspectives on the Role of Design in combining Social, Technological and Business Development: 4D Designing Development Developing Design
- Perez, Hands, McKeever (2017) Design for Society: Analysis of the adoption of Design practices by Early-Stage Social Entrepreneurs, presented at the 12th European Academy of Design Conference: Design for Next
- Perez, Hands, McKeever (2016) A critical examination of the potential of design management practices for social entrepreneurs, presented at the 20thDesign Management Institute: Academic Design Management Conference Inflection Point: Design Research Meets Design Practice