If you are taking part in the DRS festival of emergence then:
During our ‘moment’ – which will on the 15th September 2021 from 10am-12 noon in the UK (which is 9am to 11am UTC) – our team, alumni, and leaders will be available in the space above and we are keen to chat about our work, so please come and meet us, including our decorated senior team:
- Prof Rachel Cooper OBE (President of the Design Research Society)
- Deyan Sudjic OBE (Distinguished Professor of Design and Architectural Studies)
- Professor Leon Cruickshank (Principle Investigator for Beyond Imagination and Vice President of the European Academy of Design)
- Professor Nick Dunn (Executive Director of ImaginationLancaster)
…. not to mention our diverse, dynamic and delightful team of researchers, doctoral students and academics.
So, if you’re interested in what we’ve been up to, possible collaboration, understanding the impact of Design Research, or just want to say hi – then please come in, have a look around, and if you’d like a chat then say hello!
If you haven’t used Gather Town before, please bear the following in mind:
- We advise completing the tutorial (this takes about 2 minutes)
- Please be be aware your web browser will ask for access to your camera and microphone (this is because the space is a video conferencing space, and it will allow you to talk to other people in there, no audio or video data is stored)
- Most browsers and devices should work okay, but a desktop/laptop computer is advised
- If you need any help accessing the moment then please contact Joseph Lindley via email
Here is the background information on this event; during September the Design Research Society (DRS) is hosting a Festival of Emergence. This is envisioned as a new type of DRS event. Not as formal as a conference, more interesting and unpredictable than a meeting, something which transcends timezones and geographies, allows people to ‘drop in’ when they fancy, and is built upon novel, original and experimental participant-generated content.
ImaginationLancaster are taking part with a unique showcase of the work which we have undertaken over the last two years, uniquely this showcase exists within an interactive space where delegates of the Festival of Emergence will be able to view our work, as well as meet our team and chat to them. This ‘moment’ has been built using the novel Gather Town platform (we have a forthcoming research paper Room for Improvement in the Video Conferencing ‘Space’ on this same topic).