We invited proposals for presentations from 1) doctoral students in their final year, and 2) recent PhD graduates.
Presentation places are limited and presentations were selected on quality of submission and relevance to the conference theme, Better by Design: Environment, Society & Self.
Presenting at the Conference
The aim of the conference presentations by PhD students and graduates is to provide other students with examples, methods and suggestions on the PhD process and the main challenges faced. The presentations will:
- link to the conference theme Better by Design: Environment, Society & Self.
- provide an overview of the research topic and the main research questions.
- include a reflection on the PROCESS of the PhD – how you arrived at your research questions, how you scoped the research, an explanation of the main steps and methodologies chosen as well as the reasons for choosing them.
- discuss the main challenges and difficulties encountered, and how they have been worked through.
- offer tips to students thinking about doing a PhD.